We know how important access to quality healthcare is, especially in the Greater Manchester area; and we are driven and committed to providing the healthcare services that this area requires. Rochdale Health Alliance & Primary Care Academy understands this, and it is committed to providing a wide range of services to support the health and well-being of the community in the Rochdale borough. So what does RHA offer?
1. Supporting Primary Care Networks: RHA plays a crucial role in supporting six Primary Care Networks (PCNs) across the Heywood, Middleton, and Rochdale (HMR) area. By providing essential back-office support such as finance management, recruitment, contract administration, employment of ARRS (Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme) staff, and training and development, RHA enables PCNs to focus on what matters most: patient care. Notably, RHA has been at the forefront in delivering vital services such as the mass COVID-19 vaccination program, ensuring that patients in the Rochdale borough receive timely and efficient vaccinations.
2. In Hours Same Day GP Appointments: Recognising the increasing pressure on GP practices and the difficulty patients face in securing appointments, RHA has introduced the In Hours Same Day GP Appointments Service. After triage at their own practice, patients can now be booked into same-day appointments if clinically required. This service ensures that patients receive the care they need promptly, reducing waiting times and enhancing the overall patient experience.
3. Enhanced Access: RHA has been commissioned by five Primary Care Networks to provide enhanced access to GP and other routine healthcare appointments outside of regular practice hours. These appointments are available during evenings (between 18:30 pm and 20:00 pm) and on Saturdays (between 9 am and 17:00 pm). This extended availability ensures that patients can access healthcare services at times convenient for them, promoting accessibility and patient-centered care.
4. Sunday and Bank Holiday Service: RHA's commitment to accessible healthcare extends to Sundays and bank holidays as well. Patients in need of healthcare services can access GP appointments and other healthcare resources between 08:00 and 16:00 on these special days. RHA understands that health concerns don't always adhere to the traditional Monday - Friday 9-5 schedule; and this service ensures that care is available when it's needed the most.
5. Homeless Alliance Response Team: RHA goes above and beyond in its mission to provide healthcare services to all members of the community. The Homeless Alliance Response Team is a primary care health service dedicated to the homeless and transient populations within the Rochdale borough. This initiative reflects RHA's commitment to inclusivity, ensuring that even the most vulnerable individuals receive the care and support they require, as helping those who are the most in need, is a core value of ours.
6. Primary Care Nurse Service: The Primary Care Nurse Service offered by RHA supports residents in care homes on behalf of five HMR Primary Care Networks. This proactive service collaborates with various healthcare and social care professionals to provide comprehensive care. It includes annual health checks for every resident, management of long-term conditions, and the establishment of care plans and advanced care plans. Through this service, RHA plays a vital role in improving the overall health and well-being of care home residents.
In conclusion, Rochdale Health Alliance is not just a healthcare provider; it's a partner in the well-being of the Rochdale community. By offering a wide array of services, from mass vaccinations to enhanced access appointments and specialised care for vulnerable populations, RHA demonstrates its unwavering commitment to ensuring that healthcare is accessible, comprehensive, and patient-centred. With RHA by your side, you can rest assured that your health and well-being are in capable hands.